Applications for Initial Teacher Training courses are made through UCAS. Our application cycle runs from when UCAS opens in October through to the following July.
Applying is an easy three step process.
We have put together a video of frequently asked questions about completing your application.
Step One - Research & Prepare
Find out about the different options and routes available for people to Get Into Teaching.
Prepare for the application by getting your documents together. There is some useful advice on UCAS.
Start to think about how you will finance your training.
- There are student loans available to help with living expenses and tuition fees. If you live in England then you need to register with Student Finance England.
- There are bursaries and scholarships currently available for some subjects. You can check if these apply to you here. If you are thinking about applying for a scholarship then plan in advance as you need to make the application directly to the Sponsoring organisations.
- If you require additional help from Student Finance to complete your training you should check out your eligibility before applying.
Step Two - Search
You need to use The Department for Education’s search tool. To view our teacher training courses you should filter the results by using
- Our postcode: S10 3BT
- Our name The Sheffield SCITT and
- The subject you want to teach.
Once you have found the course you'll need to apply via UCAS Teacher Training.
Step Three - Apply
All the guidance you will need on the application process is available on the Get Into Teaching Website. If you are unsure if you want to take QTS only or QTS & PGCE there is more information on the difference here.
To complete your application form you will need the information you gathered in Stage 1 and the following UCAS codes for the Choices section of the process:
- The Sheffield SCITT Training Provider Code: S97
- The UCAS codes for our courses which are:
- Primary General: 2FMY
- Primary with Maths: 2XR8
- Biology: 2FNV
- Chemistry: 2FNS
- Design & Technology: 35RM
- English: 2FNQ
- Food Technology: 35RL
- Geography: 2FNW
- History: 2FNX
- Mathematics: 2FNP
- Physics: 2FNR
- Religious Education: 2FNY
Available Training Locations
You’ll also need to choose a training location and give the relevant training location code. The availability of your first choice location will be discussed at interview.
Unfortunately we do not hold the licence required to sponsor visa applications for International Students (i.e. not from the UK or the EU).